While some bands may be content to keep playing various "fests" performing the same setlist from 25 years ago, Darkside NYC has just unleashed a monster of an album. Recorded and mixed at The Wild Arctic in Astoria, Queens, NY with Dean Baltulonis (Sick Of It All, Bouncing Souls, The Hope Conspiracy) and mastered at West West Side by Alan Douches (Misfits, Death, Dillinger Escape Plan, etc.), the songs range from devastatingly heavy to blistering speed to even straight-up "noise." If Celtic Frost and the Crumbsuckers shared a rehearsal space in 1987 and decided to drink a bottle of Ripple and record an album together while binging on crack cocaine, the result might be as crazy as "Optimism Is Self-Deception: Vols. 1 & 2."
1. Kill All The New Jacks
2. Smelling The Flowers At My Wake
3. A Mockery In My Eyes...
4. Battle For Eternal Souls As The Conquered Ride Conveyor Belts To The Furnaces
5. Tossing Tomatoes At Your Hardcore Heroes
6. Drink To Have A Good Time
7. Drained In Defeat
8. What Ever Happened To Old New York?!!
9. For The Littlest Angels (Inspired By One Who Got Away)
10. It's Given Me A Lot To Live For
11. Vacant Sense Eruption
12. Clawing And Tearing
13. Cognitive Capability Overload (The Ability To Stare Out Into My Own Inner World And No Longer Blink!!)
15. My Path Of Least Resistance
16. If All Shows Were This Good, We Would Never Have Called It Quits!
17. Astral Projection On DMT
18. Stroll Through A Falling Rock Zone In My Subconscious
19. Universal Conviction On A False Pretense
20. Casualties Of A Fleeting Existence
21. Slipping Away
22. Bury Me In A Cinch-Sak